Rift Lake Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Altolamprologus compressiceps (Gold Head) fry

+4
Drake-tripod
Rift_Lakes_Rule
Aura
Splash
8 posters

Go down

Altolamprologus compressiceps (Gold Head) fry Empty Altolamprologus compressiceps (Gold Head) fry

Post by Splash Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:28 am

I finally had a spawn. I have about 30-40 babies. I moved them into a 10 gallon with 2 shells. They are doing good but still pretty small. I'm feeding them crushed NLS pellets. When they get bigger I will take some pictures and post them.
Splash
Splash

Back to top Go down

Altolamprologus compressiceps (Gold Head) fry Empty Re: Altolamprologus compressiceps (Gold Head) fry

Post by Aura Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:32 am

Wow! Very cool. Congratulations on the spawn.
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Altolamprologus compressiceps (Gold Head) fry Empty Re: Altolamprologus compressiceps (Gold Head) fry

Post by Rift_Lakes_Rule Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:01 pm

Congrats on the spawn!!! How are they taking to the NLS? They're little buggers aren't they. It takes upwards of 6 months to reach an inch in length, very slow growing. Mine do seem to be growing faster now that I removed the microworms from thier diet. They seemed to like them better than the nls but I don't think they do as much for them. The fry that I've fed crushed nls exclusively eat more aggressively early on than the previous batches and it seems they're growing faster as well. Keep us updated on these guys Wink
Rift_Lakes_Rule
Rift_Lakes_Rule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake-tripod Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:24 pm

congrats glad to hear they spawned for you
Drake-tripod
Drake-tripod
BOB SAGET!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Splash Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:33 pm

They are eating the NLS really good. They have grown but not much at all. They swim around and play a lot now. They are doing really good I'm so proud of the little guys.
Splash
Splash

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake-tripod Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:19 pm

nice would love to see some pics
Drake-tripod
Drake-tripod
BOB SAGET!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:46 am

I would love to see when I didn't have to crush the nls for you lol. Took the shells out and replaced them with some of my smaller shells last night. Put the big shells back in the main tank and the female is back in the shell so maybe we have another spawn.
Micheal
Micheal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theswede Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:19 pm

Micheal-Admin wrote:I would love to see when I didn't have to crush the nls for you lol. Took the shells out and replaced them with some of my smaller shells last night. Put the big shells back in the main tank and the female is back in the shell so maybe we have another spawn.

I use a pepper grinder to crush pellets to my fry. Works very well.
theswede
theswede

Back to top Go down

Post by cichlidman Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:37 am

Man. would I love to have some of these.

I just have not had the best luck the Altolamps.
I 26 running tanks. All types of fish. I got some Tropheus at less than a inch. They are good size now. Can't do it with the these.
cichlidman
cichlidman
Competition Committee

Back to top Go down

Post by Splash Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:52 pm

Great idea about the pepper grinder.
I lost some Firefins one time when the filter accidently got turned off but other than that I have been lucky with them.
My new batch are starting to venture to the front of the shell so I can see them. I'm so excited to have 2 batches going I really love these guys.
Splash
Splash

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:55 pm

Congratulations on the spawn. Thats a fish I havent spawned before. I had a few hundred wild comps and calvus during the summer though.

Will

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down