Rift Lake Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kensfish

+14
Aura
ads
jimmymac
cichlidman
poolmako
iceblue
vman
Micheal
Rockfish
why_spyder
Rift_Lakes_Rule
buntbarsch
preacherboy
bulldogg7
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kensfish - Page 2 Empty Re: Kensfish

Post by why_spyder Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:19 am

We have an order coming in from Ken's this next week hopefully. Haven't heard confirmation yet, but he's taken our money. lol.
why_spyder
why_spyder

http://www.cynotilapia.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:50 pm

Brian did you ever hear from Ken cause I still haven't heard from him about my email or returned my phone call.
Micheal
Micheal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by why_spyder Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:36 pm

It took the wife a couple days to get ahold of them actually - kind of disappointing to me. Prices are good, but I think I will consider paying a little more for JEHMCO's service. We got our stuff in a couple days ago - in timely fashion, so I can't complain about that at all. We're just waiting on some Metro to get shipped out as it was on back-order.

Shipping ran around $30 for us because we had Ken's send it to a workplace.
why_spyder
why_spyder

http://www.cynotilapia.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:00 pm

Finally got a call back and ordered last week. Got Vegetable Flake, Spirinula with Garlic & paprika flake and 1.5 mm Cichlid pellet. All new foods for me so I will see if they make the switch from NLS to these as far as health and color.
Micheal
Micheal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldogg7 Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:49 am

Don't get the $12 300W Cascade heater, my 120gal was just at 88F, heater was set to 78, dropped it to 68 and it still wouldn't shut off, the coils were glowing red. Glad I caught it in time. At least I got 3 good months out of it. It's probably still under warranty but I don't want an identical replacement Mad
Got some more krill, it was great, as usual tho!

The extra heat did make another fish color up this morning Very Happy
bulldogg7
bulldogg7
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ads Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:13 pm

ordered my blower from kens and had a great experience other than that i havent ordered anythign else
ads
ads

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:15 pm

Just wondering if anyone else uses Ken's 1.5 mm premium cichlid pellets? I have been using them for 6 to 9 months now and can't tell any difference in my fish from when I was using nls. The 2 types of flake have also been very nice quality food that I feed every 3 to 4 feeding.
Micheal
Micheal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:36 pm

No I ordered some things on Jan. 18th and finally got the tracking info on the 24th. It's not scheduled to arrive until Jan. 31. I'm not too happy. No
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:24 pm

I don't know whether to hot or wahhh .

My box finally got here and three of the items I ordered aren't in the package and one is broken. There is no invoice inside the box either. I've emailed him and will let you know what happens before I ... smokin ... I placed this order two weeks ago and am very disappointed.

rant
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by football mom Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:26 pm

not good

football mom

Back to top Go down

Post by addicted2cichlid Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:03 pm

is anyone using his food his food with good results? i read over the ingredient lists and am not impressed at all. i think i'll stick with NLS
addicted2cichlid
addicted2cichlid

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake-tripod Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:05 pm

the freeze dried and shit is good i only buy NLS any way
Drake-tripod
Drake-tripod
BOB SAGET!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldogg7 Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:13 pm

I need some more krill, but waiting to find out WTH happened with Betty's order Neutral
I liked his soft and moist for the Africans, about the same as the HBH stuff. I always got my order in 3 business days when I've ordered from him.
bulldogg7
bulldogg7
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:32 pm

I have used his 1.5 pellet and 2 kinds of flake for a year or so. After finally getting him on the phone to talk about the pellet, I have always had fast service when ordering.
Micheal
Micheal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:57 pm

addicted2cichlid wrote:is anyone using his food his food with good results? i read over the ingredient lists and am not impressed at all. i think i'll stick with NLS
I'm sticking with the NLS as well. I have some of the food, a flake that was being fed to the tropheus I got -- I wanted to slowly wean them off, but needed it when I first brought them home and a couple of other "sticks" and wafers for my plecos that had good reviews. I have noticed a lot more poop when they eat the Ken's food compared to the NLS. I don't know if it's true or not, but I think that means more unusable ingredients. Also, the sticks I have (earthworm) dissolve quickly and make a mess if not eaten quickly. Earthworm is 11th on the list behind things like gluten and yeast.

I haven't heard anything back from my email. If I haven't heard by morning, I'll send one more email and then I'm going to call. I ordered and paid for five breeding caves for my plecos and calvus and he only sent two. That's a pretty egregious error.
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iceblue Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:48 pm

So sorry your having such problems Betty. I lack your patience. I would have called by now. Ken's Fish has always dealt fairly with me and if they value my recommendation I can only hope they take care of this to your satisfaction.

rant
iceblue
iceblue

http://primehandyman.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:47 pm

Okay, I received a response this morning. I had asked him what happened to my caves -- why they weren't included in the order. He said they had just gotten more caves in today and someone was going through them to see what was sent over and he would let me know.

My fingers crossed that what I ordered is amongst the shipment he received.

I wish he had told me they were out of stock before I paid for them. At the very least, an email or note in the box explaining the absence would have been nice.
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:31 pm

Evil or Very Mad I haven't heard back yet. I have the worst luck. Ken's has so many positive reviews -- I don't understand why me. bangin

Chris, if you'd like a little sample of the vegetable sticks, I'll be happy to give you some (all) of mine. The ingredients list sounds okay, with lots of veggies, but my plecos don't seem too crazy about it. They let it sit and it starts dissolving. It might be better for bigger fish -- it's yours if you want it. Quite a bit of it is absolutely pulverized!

Kensfish - Page 2 C3c60991

Kensfish - Page 2 7fd6fd68

KENS PREMIUM VEGETABLE STICKS:
FORMULATED USING A WIDE VARIETY OF VEGETABLES, INCLUDING ONLY THE BEST KELP! PLECOSTOMUS, AND A WIDE VARIETY OF CICHLIDS THRIVE ON THI DIET!THIS IS A VERY, VERY VEGGIE STICK AT A EXCELLENT PRICE!
INGREDIENTS: MIXTURE OF PLANTS AND VEGETABLES INCLUDING: SEAWEED, SPIRULINA, CARROTS, SQUASH, SPINACH. VEGETABLE OILS, SOY MEAL, YEAST, WHEAT FLOUR, VITAMIN & MINERAL SUPPLEMENT. ASORBIC ACID (SOURCE OF VITAMIN C). NATURAL AND SOME ARTIFICIAL COLORING.
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS: CRUDE PROTEIN 35.0% MIN., CRUDE FAT 7.0% MIN., CRUDE FIBER 7.0% MAX., MOISTURE 8.0% MAX., ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS, EXCEPT FOR SOME ARTIFICIAL COLORING. NO PRESERVATIVES
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by addicted2cichlid Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:42 pm

hey Betty, i appreciate the offer but i have so much fishfood! the fish stuff horder in me says yes, free fish food, do it! but then my logical side says no, no more shelf room. lol, thanks
addicted2cichlid
addicted2cichlid

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:32 pm

No problem, Chris. It doesn't exactly look appetizing does it? Laughing I think I got the bottom of the barrel with this entire order.
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by addicted2cichlid Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:47 pm

perhaps sprinkle it on a salad or something.... ehhhhhh.... yea i dunno. LOL Very Happy
addicted2cichlid
addicted2cichlid

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:12 pm

I had to contact him again yesterday because I hadn't heard anything and this time he replied promptly. He didn't get in anything that I ordered, so I substituted a couple of the caves with others and he will refund the rest of my money. Fingers crossed that this all happens without problem.
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by larry.beck Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:42 am

Unbelievable. I won't be ordering from there - and had been considering trying their cichlid food selection.
larry.beck
larry.beck

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:47 pm

Well here it is, the 14th. I received the two caves in a second color choice this weekend, but no sign of any refund yet. I guess I have to contact him again... Evil or Very Mad

I didn't get a replacement for the cave that was cracked during shipping, but I can still make that one work. I did tell him about it being broken, but won't make an issue of that one.
Kensfish - Page 2 Cd86539d

Because of this experience, I will never recommend ordering from Ken's. I know that stuff happens, but I think he should have told me that the caves were out of stock before accepting payment. If not that, he should have let me know at some point before I got the box with three out of five caves missing. Or at the very least, something in the box telling me why my order was incomplete. I really have to wonder if he ever intended to send me the additional merchandise at all.

Also the fact that it's almost a month later and this still isn't resolved. I have to keep contacting him every step of the way. How difficult can it be! nono
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum