Rift Lake Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's holding in your tanks today?

+15
cichlidman
why_spyder
dmetal
neil
ovyaker75
Chrisg12887
yodahorn
larry.beck
theswede
Rift_Lakes_Rule
Aura
nitroloser
poolmako
vman
football mom
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who's holding in your tanks today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who's holding in your tanks today?

Post by Rift_Lakes_Rule Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:45 pm

Went to the monthly CCA meeting today and was gone all day. Apparently my tropheus decided to have a "spawn-a-thon" the whole time I was gone cuz I came home to 4 holding females and a 5th with her egg tube dropped and hanging out in the males territory Shocked

Normally I would have done a water change today, not sure what got into them today but I won't be doing water changes on sat from now on, I'll do em on Sundays Wink
Rift_Lakes_Rule
Rift_Lakes_Rule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who's holding in your tanks today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who's holding in your tanks today?

Post by neil Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:02 pm

Labidochromis chisumulae
Peudo kingsizei (tanzania)
Pseudo demasoni
Pseudo saulosi
Tropheops red cheek
Pundamilia nyererei makobe island
Astotilapia caliptera

neil

http://www.northantsmalawis.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by theswede Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:54 pm

Rift_Lakes_Rule wrote:Went to the monthly CCA meeting today and was gone all day. Apparently my tropheus decided to have a "spawn-a-thon" the whole time I was gone cuz I came home to 4 holding females and a 5th with her egg tube dropped and hanging out in the males territory Shocked

Normally I would have done a water change today, not sure what got into them today but I won't be doing water changes on sat from now on, I'll do em on Sundays Wink

Good news Mike! Hope you get loads of fry.
theswede
theswede

Back to top Go down

Post by theswede Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:01 pm

I got about 10 fry out of my small demasoni female. I also have one crabro and one cyaneorhabdos female holding since yesterday.

theswede
theswede

Back to top Go down

Post by dmetal Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:51 pm

Yesterday i went to strip my Afra and she surprised me and spit out 30 fry

dmetal

http://dmetal74@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by why_spyder Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:51 am

Presently Cyno. sp. "Lion" Lion's Cove, but I think I have a C. afra Nkhata Bay, Leth. sp. "Deep" Malopa, and Met. sp. "Red Top Gallireya" as well.
why_spyder
why_spyder

http://www.cynotilapia.info

Back to top Go down

Post by yodahorn Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:24 pm

A second female white lab spit today. I have a total of 16 fry between two females.

yodahorn

Back to top Go down

Post by why_spyder Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Got a 2nd Lethrinops sp. "Deep" holding, but I also think I saw another Cynotilapia sp. "Lion" Lion's Cove....
why_spyder
why_spyder

Back to top Go down

Post by football mom Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:15 am

I have an SRT Kipuma that looks ready to spit in one tank, and in the big tank looks like maybe a rusty and a lithobates may be holding, which is good, because I don't have any fry growing out from either one of those.

football mom

Back to top Go down

Post by cichlidman Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:48 pm

I have 3 white labs I need to get rid of.
cichlidman
cichlidman
Competition Committee

Back to top Go down

Post by theswede Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:38 pm

I´ve got two crabro and one demasoni holding. Since I gave my other big crabro male away the black alpha has been very busy with the ladies. Fortunately the fry don´t survive in my 106 gallon tank.
theswede
theswede

Back to top Go down

Post by why_spyder Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:13 pm

Guess I can update myself - got a Cyno. sp. "Lion" and Cyno. afra Nkhata Bay holding. Should take a video of getting them stripped.
why_spyder
why_spyder

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake-tripod Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:06 pm

Should take a video of getting them stripped
great idea allways cooling seeing that
Drake-tripod
Drake-tripod
BOB SAGET!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by why_spyder Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:47 am

It looks like I may have misjudged my decision to wait to strip, at least one female has already spit so I'm just going to let the Nkhata Bay spit as well. I'll just be piling more PVC in the fry tank for cover....
why_spyder
why_spyder

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake-tripod Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:55 pm

ahh lol well the pvc will help
Drake-tripod
Drake-tripod
BOB SAGET!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by why_spyder Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:23 pm

Netted out a Cyno. afra Lupingu.. Very Happy
why_spyder
why_spyder

Back to top Go down

Post by jmcfive Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:10 pm

Well, as soon as I maded my last entry (Arutus eating her eggs), I went to clean my tank, and saw another Arutas doing the dance in a cave with the big male... I'm gonna wait a day, then put her in a tank by herself and hope she holds to term... I have 3 tanks that are occupied now and 2 that are empty... They need to stop for a while since I'm running out of room!
jmcfive
jmcfive

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Dolting Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:47 am

Finally my first time after taking up the hobby again I noticed my Venustus holding. When should I attempt to move her to another tank?
Jason Dolting
Jason Dolting

Back to top Go down

Post by theswede Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:47 pm

I usually move the females day 16-18! Congrats to the spawn. santa
theswede
theswede

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:34 am

It depends on how much pressure she is getting but usually when her throat gets a gray, black color is when I will catch her.
Micheal
Micheal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Dolting Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:02 am

Thanks for your help. Smile
Jason Dolting
Jason Dolting

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Dolting Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:12 am

My Venustus must have eaten or spat her eggs out on her first brood. She is holding again and tonight she spat some fry out and some were gobbled up by other fish so I thought I would move her into a 2 foot tank to save the rest. But she spat out all her fry. I collected what I could and now have them in the 2 ft tank. I have fed them ground pellets which they seem to be eating. Does the mother need to be in the same tank ? The fry must be around 5mm.
Jason Dolting
Jason Dolting

Back to top Go down

Post by yodahorn Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:04 am

I remove mom as soon as I seen fry.

yodahorn

Back to top Go down

Post by larry.beck Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:58 am

Just stripped about 30 F2 white-tail acei fry tonight, but saw that my cobue has spit in the tank again. Third time, so the time I'll strip her early again. She's only been holding them for about 1 week.

I've also got a greshakie, a yellow-tail acei, and 2 demasoni holding at the moment.
larry.beck
larry.beck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2