Rift Lake Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help ... can anyone ID these African Cichlids???

4 posters

Go down

Need help ... can anyone ID these African Cichlids??? Empty Need help ... can anyone ID these African Cichlids???

Post by hiker73 Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:47 pm

Got this fish about 8 months ago .... part of 2 shipments of about 30 fish. They were all pretty small and some were rather difficult to keep track of. We've lost some of the fish from those shipments in the beginning ... which further complicates the ID-ing process. I'm guessing this to be a female Red Top Ndumbi, a female Red Top Dwarf Afra, a female Yellow Fin Mbamba or possibly a Red Top Hongi. Since I can't be sure, they are isolated until the mystery is solved. Don't want to risk hybridization.

Need help ... can anyone ID these African Cichlids??? ID2-1

Last edited by hiker73 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:23 am; edited 2 times in total
hiker73
hiker73

Back to top Go down

Need help ... can anyone ID these African Cichlids??? Empty Re: Need help ... can anyone ID these African Cichlids???

Post by Micheal Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:12 pm

I haven't owned any of those Afra types so not much help but I would guess the first one to be male because that's to much color for most female Afra's.
Why_Spyder should be able to tell you though. You can PM him maybe to get a reply. You can also go to his site http://www.cynotilapia.info/ Why_spyder (Brian) or one of the other members should be able to help you.
Micheal
Micheal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Need help ... can anyone ID these African Cichlids??? Empty Re: Need help ... can anyone ID these African Cichlids???

Post by hiker73 Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:49 pm

Thanks! I'll def. pursue your suggestions.
hiker73
hiker73

Back to top Go down

Post by nitroloser Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:30 pm

maybe try cichlid-furum.com
nitroloser
nitroloser

Back to top Go down

Post by ads Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:07 am

looks like a red top afra could be from mbamba however it could also be a hybrid
ads
ads

Back to top Go down

Post by hiker73 Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:23 pm

Def. not a hybrid. Came from a very reputable breeder. Was told by them last week that it is female Yellow Fin Mbamba.
hiker73
hiker73

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down