Rift Lake Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to back spawns in the same breeding tank.

4 posters

Go down

Back to back spawns in the same breeding tank. Empty Back to back spawns in the same breeding tank.

Post by plecoman Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:02 pm

CHECK OUT THE UPDATED PICTURES BELOW.

I have too many females and not enough males right now, so I'm having to let them do multiple spawns in the same breeding tank. This male has only been allowed to breed 2 time and now he hasn't had a break in 3 weeks. I put a new female in with him 3 weeks ago and she spawned. Once their yoke sack was gone, I took her out and put another female in with him that also has never been allowed to breed yet. She laid eggs the next day and they started coming out of the cave today.

In this picture you can see fry from the first batch that are about 1/2" long and whiter looking. Also you can see the new batch that are small and more orange looking. They are more yolk sack than anything. You can also see some in the breeding tube getting ready to exit. Most of them are still under the male in the bottom of the tube.
Back to back spawns in the same breeding tank. 018

A full view of the breeding tank.
Back to back spawns in the same breeding tank. 019

Last edited by plecoman on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
plecoman
plecoman

Back to top Go down

Back to back spawns in the same breeding tank. Empty Re: Back to back spawns in the same breeding tank.

Post by Aura Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:39 am

What are they? Bristlenose?
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Back to back spawns in the same breeding tank. Empty Re: Back to back spawns in the same breeding tank.

Post by Drake-tripod Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:17 pm

nice man nice man i want some lol
Drake-tripod
Drake-tripod
BOB SAGET!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by football mom Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:58 pm

What size tank is that?

football mom

Back to top Go down

Post by plecoman Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:19 pm

These are albino bristlenose pleco's. They are in a 20 long tank. That is all I have ever used for breeding.
plecoman
plecoman

Back to top Go down

Post by plecoman Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:24 pm

Here's some pictures after the breeding tube was removed and the male given a well deserved break back to the 75. I'm not sure how many are in this breeding tank. To many to try and count. I also have another spawn that just hatched out today in another breeding tank.

Back to back spawns in the same breeding tank. 007

Without the wood.

Back to back spawns in the same breeding tank. 0012

Back to back spawns in the same breeding tank. 003

Back to back spawns in the same breeding tank. 004

Lights out and feeding time.

Back to back spawns in the same breeding tank. 014-1
plecoman
plecoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:32 pm

Wow, that's a lot. What do you do with them all?
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by plecoman Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:48 pm

Hopefully sell most of them, otherwise I'll be giving them away before long. I'll be running out of tank room in a few months. LOL......
plecoman
plecoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake-tripod Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:59 pm

PM'D
Drake-tripod
Drake-tripod
BOB SAGET!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down