Rift Lake Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What kind of glue do you use to attach zoanths to plugs or rock?

2 posters

Go down

What kind of glue do you use to attach zoanths to plugs or rock? Empty What kind of glue do you use to attach zoanths to plugs or rock?

Post by football mom Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:15 am

I bought a little plug with zoanths a couple of weeks ago, and I guess they were not glued down well, after 5 days, they all detached except one.
The rest of them have been floating around in the tank. Whenever they come to rest, they open up to the light, so I assume they are still alive.
Yesterday during water change, I snagg a big piece, and placed in in the rocks, it opened up, looked good, but later it had drifted away again.
I understand you use some sort of super glue, but what kind? I'd like to anchor them somewhere!

football mom

Back to top Go down

What kind of glue do you use to attach zoanths to plugs or rock? Empty Re: What kind of glue do you use to attach zoanths to plugs or rock?

Post by addicted2cichlid Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:48 pm

i use loc-tite GEL superglu... take ur frag, dab it dry with a paper towel, apply glue to plug, or live rock rubble, then gently smoosh ur frag onto it, wait 20-30 seconds, place in aquarium. Boston Aqua Farms make a product called reef glue. its purple to look like coraline algae, good stuff just the loc-tite is cheaper.

if you are trying to attach a frag to something underwater i use Boston Aqua farms reef epoxy, u knead it together to "activate it" smoosh onto frag, then smoosh it onto your rock in the tank. Iv'e noticed it makes my skimmer foam a bit, so u might want to shut your off for a day or two after u use it.

Reef epoxy & loc-tite ultra gel:

What kind of glue do you use to attach zoanths to plugs or rock? DSC03674

addicted2cichlid
addicted2cichlid

Back to top Go down

What kind of glue do you use to attach zoanths to plugs or rock? Empty Re: What kind of glue do you use to attach zoanths to plugs or rock?

Post by football mom Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:41 pm

Thanks! I wish I had some the other day when I found all those little polyps that
floated off their plug. I tried sticking them in a hole in the live rock, and they looked good there, opened up pretty, but a few hours later, they had floated away, I havent' seen them since, lol.

football mom

Back to top Go down

Post by addicted2cichlid Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:15 am

ive been there! now it just a matter of if i have any glue left Very Happy
addicted2cichlid
addicted2cichlid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down