Rift Lake Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are there more than one type of Burundi Frontosa?

4 posters

Go down

Are there more than one type of Burundi Frontosa? Empty Are there more than one type of Burundi Frontosa?

Post by cichlidman Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:30 am

Vince was told that his Fronts were a type Burundi.

I have Burundi's and they are different from Vince's.

Are there more than one type? Suspect
cichlidman
cichlidman
Competition Committee

Back to top Go down

Are there more than one type of Burundi Frontosa? Empty Re: Are there more than one type of Burundi Frontosa?

Post by buntbarsch Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:24 am

Not that I am aware off Roger. Here is a map showing the different types and location:

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/frontosa_variant_map.php
buntbarsch
buntbarsch
Competition Committee

http://www.buntbarsch.ca

Back to top Go down

Are there more than one type of Burundi Frontosa? Empty Re: Are there more than one type of Burundi Frontosa?

Post by theswede Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:23 am

I´ve read a little about the variations of the fronts. I´ve never heard about there being a variation of the Burundi, but it has got the biggest hump of the fronts. Mpimbwe are the most aggressive. Located in Tanzania and Zambia. In Zaire u have the most blue ones (Moba, Kitumba and Kapamba). I remember one more and that is Kigoma who has 7 stripes.
theswede
theswede

Back to top Go down

Post by Rift_Lakes_Rule Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:12 pm

Just went back and had a look at both groups of fish and they both look like burundi to me. They have the long thin eye stripe that runs right thru the eye. For the most part they all had the shape and color that I associate with a burundi as well.
Rift_Lakes_Rule
Rift_Lakes_Rule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cichlidman Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:06 pm

Thanks,

I can get a couple of females to finish my colony then.

I really need to have 3 more females. I have 2 large males and started with 8 fish. They have managed through aggression to cut down to 5. I moved the smaller male to my 125 gal Dolphin tank. He damaged a eye. He is happy there. I have 2 large males and 2 females. I would love to add 3 females to my colony.
Big Boy and Bull
Are there more than one type of Burundi Frontosa? 067
Female Burundi
Are there more than one type of Burundi Frontosa? 028-7
Other Female Burundi
Are there more than one type of Burundi Frontosa? 021-8
cichlidman
cichlidman
Competition Committee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down