Rift Lake Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HCCC auction yesterday

2 posters

Go down

HCCC auction yesterday Empty HCCC auction yesterday

Post by football mom Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:20 pm

We went to the latest auction yesterday, got up at 5AM to bag fish, showered, and got to the auction later than I would have wished, but still before the noon
start time.
I bought more than I intended to, as always, lol, but still sold $10 more than I spent (if you don't count gas to get there)
I got some good deals, most stoked about is 3 light strips, 2 30 inch, and a double bulb 36 inch (that will fit the 35 gallon I'm picking up next weekend) $10.00 for all 3!
A new HOB 35 gallon filter from Foster and Smith for $8 also.
Fish-wise, I got 3 N. helianthus Sunflower, 3 Cyno. Lupingu "Purple", 4 Jewel ciclids-Stu wanted them, 3 leleupi, 5 small Metria. Minos Reef- 2 blue males, 4 red females, a pair of Brevis, some really nice plants, and some zebra nerite snails-AWESOME algae cleaners.
So I had a good day.
Here is a video one of the guys posted, you can see me sitting on the inner aisle, about 3rd or 4 row from the front, short blonde hair, as the runner walks past with the fish bag.

HCCC auction yesterday Th_SDV_0637

football mom

Back to top Go down

HCCC auction yesterday Empty Re: HCCC auction yesterday

Post by Aura Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:21 pm

Nice J. Our aquarium society has its big auction coming up in April. Even though I have no place to put any more fish, I'll still have to go check it out.
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by football mom Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:33 am

You'll have a blast, Betty! And if you have any extra fish, or fish you just aren't in love with anymore, take them!
Plants, extra equipment, all that sort of stuff.
And you get to meet other fish-obsessed people... after a couple of auctions you
get to know them by name and they you. And it's nice when people compliment you on the fish you bring. I just wish I lived closed to San Antonio, I would go to the monthy meetings and be more active in the club.

football mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:18 am

I'm about 60 miles from the meetings. I've been to a few to hear the speakers (Ad Konings, Barbie Fiorentino, Tom Barr) and they have small auctions after, but I haven't been to a big auction like that. It should be fun.

Oh the meeting I went to last month was a great one -- a video of the home show where they go to members homes and see their tanks. It was so good to see people with way more of an obsession with tanks than I have. Smile
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by football mom Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:48 pm

It's a good 2 1/2 hours from here to San Antonio.... you're lucky. I wish I only had
60 minutes to drive to a club meeting.
I sure do wish you would consider going to ACA...we could share a room! lol

football mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:52 pm

It's 60 miles of hellacious traffic going (rush hour weeknights takes about 2 hours), but not too bad coming home late at night. I always have a cooler in the car just in case of a fish purchase!

I'd really like to go to that convention, but the ticket prices are so high. pale

How are the new fish doing? Any pictures yet? I picked up four little fish at our last meeting that I'm still trying to get pictures of. They are small and elusive!
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down