Rift Lake Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The QT tank. Trying to let these guys get a bit bigger before I add them to the cycling 55g. They're a bit tiny yet...

2 posters

Go down

The QT tank.  Trying to let these guys get a bit bigger before I add them to the cycling 55g.  They're a bit tiny yet... Empty The QT tank. Trying to let these guys get a bit bigger before I add them to the cycling 55g. They're a bit tiny yet...

Post by jmcfive Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:03 pm

jmcfive
jmcfive

Back to top Go down

The QT tank.  Trying to let these guys get a bit bigger before I add them to the cycling 55g.  They're a bit tiny yet... Empty Re: The QT tank. Trying to let these guys get a bit bigger before I add them to the cycling 55g. They're a bit tiny yet...

Post by Aura Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:46 pm

How are they doing? A couple of them look a little skinny in their bodies. (The Vic and maybe the acei -- could just be the angle of the picture and the way it's holding it's fins.) They will probably start to fill in now that they are getting good care, but watch them to make sure they do. I've had some fish that look like that and did fine over the years, but it can also be an indicator of parasites or some other internal problem.
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

The QT tank.  Trying to let these guys get a bit bigger before I add them to the cycling 55g.  They're a bit tiny yet... Empty Re: The QT tank. Trying to let these guys get a bit bigger before I add them to the cycling 55g. They're a bit tiny yet...

Post by jmcfive Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:26 pm

I was concerned about that myself... These pics were taken right after I had gotten them home, but they are starting to 'fatten up' now that they realize that the cucumber slices are for eating, not for hiding behind Smile

The Kenyi (forefront of the last pic) is growing rapidly, so I am thinking of adding it to the tank with the others... I hope they dont demonize her because I am running out of spare tanks! These guys seem fairly docile compared to the Kenyi and Aurutas that I already have, so I am hesitant on combining them when my 55gal cycles completely... Perhaps I will have 2 display tanks (mellow and aggressive).

Is it me, or are the choices of non 'color enhancing' food is difficult to find?! I only see one type on the market... In doing my research on these guys, I understand that food with those 'additives' isn't the best for these types of fish. Any comments/suggestions?
jmcfive
jmcfive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down