Rift Lake Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need advice

3 posters

Go down

Need advice  Empty Need advice

Post by football mom Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:10 am

I moved all the A. latifasciata that I have left (3 adult females, and about 13 or so 1-2 inch) juvies to a 55. I have my quad of Red Empress in there
also, one of them is holding, but the last time she spit early.
Anyway, I am going to use that 55 to hold fish that I am going to take to the next HCCC auction which will be Oct 3rd, a little North of San Antonio.
My questin is:

In my 90 gallon "show" tank (4 foot 90) I'm down to one large male lab and 2 females, and a male Rusly and 4 females. How do you think the Empress
group will do in there with them? The Empress are all bigger than any of those fish, the male lab is closest to them in size, and the mbuna stay down in the rocks most of the time.
I'm thinking of moving them all and keeping a close eye on them, what do you all think?
They are all eating NLS, BTW.
J

football mom

Back to top Go down

Need advice  Empty Re: Need advice

Post by theswede Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:42 am

I don´t see any problems with that at all. That should work without any problems.
theswede
theswede

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:02 am

I agree. My empresses turned out to be hybrids, but I have them in a 75 gallon tank with labs and rusties and they don't interact with each other at all.
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by football mom Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:09 am

Well, last night I moved the 4 Red Empress into th big tank. They all seem OK this
morning, but I did notice the male is showing the juvenile barring, but he is no longer the only male in the tank.
I think my big old male BN that is in that tank is guarding eggs, but if they hatch it will be a miracle if any survive.

football mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down