Rift Lake Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new fish

+2
iceblue
football mom
6 posters

Go down

new fish Empty new fish

Post by football mom Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:54 pm

Well, the inter-state fish swap went very well. I got to meet Micheal and his family, and see his beautiful tanks.
Yesterday we were heading back to Texas and stopped by and picked up some fishies to take back home. I got some juvie lithobates and saulosi, and some
TINY gold head comps. Upon arrival home 9 hours later, I had only lost one tiny comp. The comps are in a 5 gallon by themselves, and the others are in a 15 long
for now until I decide where they can all go. I sure do need to get rid of some more Zebra Obliques.... they are everywhere!
And I have two females holding, that are about to burst! ( I think they would starve before they will spit in the community tank)

Anyway, we had a great visit with family, I got to see my little grandson, the Capt and I both got some new fish, and we arrived home safely.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year.

Jocelyn

football mom

Back to top Go down

new fish Empty Re: new fish

Post by iceblue Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:16 pm

Congrats on your acquisitions J.

Sound like you need an Oscar or 2 to help control your overly active Obliques..........
iceblue
iceblue

http://primehandyman.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rift_Lakes_Rule Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:31 pm

Sounds like you had a great trip Wink

Pretty cool that you got to meet Cap and you guys swapped some fishies. Sure wish there were some pictures... Sad
Rift_Lakes_Rule
Rift_Lakes_Rule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Splash Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:01 pm

I am so glad my little comps made the trip in good health for you for the most part. Those were my first fry so I will always have a bond with them.
Mike and I was really glad to meet you just sorry we didn't get to spend more time together. Mike mentioned plans for a return visit and a trip to Cichlids and Herps that would be a great trip.
Splash
Splash

Back to top Go down

Post by football mom Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:08 pm

i'm thinking I'll drive back up there
maybe in a couple of months, just me, no dogs, children or hubby. I'm not telling every relative I have that I will be there this time, so
I won't have so many people expecting me to come visit. Not that I didn't enjoy it, but ya'd think.... I just drove 936 miles, why couldn't they drive a few miles to where we are, instead of expecting us to get back in the car and driving some more 'cause they want to see us.... (Sorry guys, just my pet peeve)
Anyways, it was a good visit, and I am SO thrilled with my baby comps...
Thank you, thank you![/b][/i]

football mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Micheal Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:20 pm

I'm was so glad to meet you and very thankful that we got to trade fish. I can't wait to do it again, lol.
Micheal
Micheal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cichlidman Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:28 am

Just bring a few and drop them in with Charlie...
He is always hungry. J/K
Can't wait to see if they turn out really good. I love swapping. Fish that is..lol
cichlidman
cichlidman
Competition Committee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down