Rift Lake Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I AM A SALT TANK OWNER AS OF TODAY!!!!

+8
Scott
bulldogg7
Rift_Lakes_Rule
addicted2cichlid
theswede
Aura
Micheal
briansbelle
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I AM A SALT TANK OWNER AS OF TODAY!!!! Empty I AM A SALT TANK OWNER AS OF TODAY!!!!

Post by briansbelle Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:06 pm

I DID IT!!! big grin

i am now a salt water person. i bought a complete 8 gallon bio cube today...complete,setup and cycled.
came with a peppermint shrimp,maroon clown,anenome,some other little corals, blue leg hermits, and some snails.

i am super stoked.... this tank is so awesome!

hopefully i can keep it going....lol

i will update with pics tomorrow, letting everything settle after the transfer....

monk

briansbelle

Back to top Go down

I AM A SALT TANK OWNER AS OF TODAY!!!! Empty Re: I AM A SALT TANK OWNER AS OF TODAY!!!!

Post by Micheal Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:44 pm

Congratulations hope everything makes it through the move. Can't wait to see some pictures.
Micheal
Micheal
Admin

Back to top Go down

I AM A SALT TANK OWNER AS OF TODAY!!!! Empty Re: I AM A SALT TANK OWNER AS OF TODAY!!!!

Post by briansbelle Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:52 pm

thanks micheal.
so far everything is doing good, the smaller corals have opened up, could barely see them earlier....

i took a few quick pics tonite.

here they are:

FTS: and the big ugly powerhead is going, gonna get a korila, nano maybe.
I AM A SALT TANK OWNER AS OF TODAY!!!! 034

jaque the cleaner shrimp:
I AM A SALT TANK OWNER AS OF TODAY!!!! 035

crush (named after the turtle in finding nemo LOL)the clown fish in his nem, he loves this thing, really neat to see:
I AM A SALT TANK OWNER AS OF TODAY!!!! 041

and little teeny corals, they have all popped open, they were completly down in a rock looking thing...with tiny holes in it, kinda like a sponge...
I AM A SALT TANK OWNER AS OF TODAY!!!! 037

briansbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:56 pm

That's really awesome, Belle! Looks like a cute little setup. I love you
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by briansbelle Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:00 am

thanks betty, i I love you it, figure i would start small and work my way up to the bigger 28 gallon.. Laughing

i figure if i can maintain this one then the bigger one wont be too hard... and i can have 2 salt tanks running....lol...

my 75 gallon setup is what paid for this, and some other stuff i got today...just random stuff for around the house, and some puppy potty pads for Mo. Wink

briansbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by theswede Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:42 am

Congrats Belle! Love the pics. Very nice.
theswede
theswede

Back to top Go down

Post by addicted2cichlid Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:33 am

alright BELLE! im proud of you! finally someone who will chat about corals!!!

woohoo!!!!!!!
addicted2cichlid
addicted2cichlid

Back to top Go down

Post by Rift_Lakes_Rule Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:24 am

Cool Tank Belle!!!

Congrats Wink
Rift_Lakes_Rule
Rift_Lakes_Rule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldogg7 Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:01 am

Nice!
bulldogg7
bulldogg7
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by briansbelle Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:54 am

thanks everyone,

i found out from the local salt forum that i need to get the maroon clown out of there, they said they get way too big.... so i am going to try to trade him for a pair of percs, or a single perc and hope it hosts the anenome. Wink

briansbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by briansbelle Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:54 pm

so i have decided the nem and the clown are gonna have to go, the nem is taking up alot of space, that could be used for zoas, and frogspawn...lol

hopefully someone will trade the clown and nem for 2 false percs...lol

briansbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:01 pm

Well, welcome to Salt. cheers Good luck and good learning! study study study

Scott
Scott
Scott

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:38 pm

briansbelle wrote:so i have decided the nem and the clown are gonna have to go, the nem is taking up alot of space, that could be used for zoas, and frogspawn...lol

hopefully someone will trade the clown and nem for 2 false percs...lol

Aww, that's too bad. They look so cute together. I have no idea what a perc is, false or not. What a Face It'll be fun to follow along with this tank.
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by briansbelle Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:41 pm

a perc is a species of clownfish...nemo is the type.

false percula clownfish is the whole name.

yeah they are cute together but it would be torture to keep an 8" fish in an 8 gallon tank, not to mention the anemone is gonna get pretty big too...

briansbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by addicted2cichlid Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:01 pm

its going to be a LONG time before that maroon outgrows the tank, but they are one of the most aggressive clowns out there. and that anemone will sting corals, and they can move to about anywhere they want... i think ur making a good decision
addicted2cichlid
addicted2cichlid

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake-tripod Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:44 pm

woot way to go girl ima get a 40 breeder from chirs and make my reef tank Very Happy
Drake-tripod
Drake-tripod
BOB SAGET!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Splash Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:58 pm

Congrats on the new tank!!!Good luck!!!! I hope you have fun with it.
Splash
Splash

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake-tripod Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:01 pm

Cool

Last edited by Drake-tripod on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drake-tripod
Drake-tripod
BOB SAGET!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by briansbelle Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:09 pm

yeah me too, the coral is neat looking but i want a tank full of color and with the nem i cant add anymore corals b/c of the stinging.

briansbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by football mom Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:47 pm

Congratulations, Belle!
I can't wait now to get my little Eclipse going!

football mom

Back to top Go down

Post by briansbelle Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:53 pm

thanks everyone! i might have a new home for the nem and the clown,
saturday i am getting some frogspawn,some purple zoas and maybe a few shrooms for free from a local reefer, he is gonna come over and show me how to do a water change and also bring me a korilia nano power head so i can get that ugly huge one out of there....lol

and then on sunday i am going to be picking up some purple and pink zoas and also some neon green zoas.

and hopefully a local reefer decides to frag his orange bam bam zoas so i can get some of those too Wink

gonna do the whole tank zoas,and frogspawn, and some ricordia since there is a few pieces in there...i love it!!

and now i wanna hurry up and move to setup my 28 gallon nano cube!

briansbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by briansbelle Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:55 pm

this is truley an adventure, every time i look in the tank there is something new, today i saw a teeny little crab, bout the size of my thumb nail...not sure what kind it is, it hides in the rock and i cant tell, cant even tell the color of it...lol...

THIS IS VERY EXCITING, to the point i am selling all of my freshwater fish except my pair of gold occies and fry Wink

briansbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:12 pm

You are having too much fun, Belle!! monk
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by briansbelle Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:13 pm

i love it, and to think its only an 8 gallon tank, its gonna be like sea world once i setup my 28 gallon Wink

briansbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Splash Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:15 pm

It really is fun to have a salt tank I still find new things that came in on my live rock!
Splash
Splash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next