Rift Lake Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can a guy catch an export from the rift lakes, 4 his own personal use?????

5 posters

Go down

can  a guy catch an export from the rift lakes, 4 his own personal use????? Empty can a guy catch an export from the rift lakes, 4 his own personal use?????

Post by sipres87 Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:02 am

Iam very interested an motivated in taking a trip to africa(rift lakes). because of the beauty an to learn about the area an witness it my self.
Iam also interested in catching some fish of my own an sending them back home. of course a guy would have to have all the proper permits an permission to do this. maybe even a quide or group...
any ideas on were i would find more info on joining a group that is planing a fishing expedition? and/or how sum1 would go about doing this their self?....

sipres87

Back to top Go down

can  a guy catch an export from the rift lakes, 4 his own personal use????? Empty Re: can a guy catch an export from the rift lakes, 4 his own personal use?????

Post by BigFishMan25 Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:43 pm

Yes you can. It cost quite a bit of money for yourself and another large sum of money to send the fish over here. Now I'm not sure if you can actually catch your own fish or not, but you have access to the fish that are ready for export.

BigFishMan25

Back to top Go down

can  a guy catch an export from the rift lakes, 4 his own personal use????? Empty Re: can a guy catch an export from the rift lakes, 4 his own personal use?????

Post by Rift_Lakes_Rule Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:07 am

Our very own Larry Johnson leads safari's on Malawi every year, he could give you plenty of info. Try pm'ing him or emailing him.

I don't have Pam Chin's email but she's easy to find via a web search. She goes on safari's to both Malawi and Tanganyika.

If I were seriously considering a trip over there, those are the 2 people I would be talking to. Wink

Welcome to RLC!!!
Rift_Lakes_Rule
Rift_Lakes_Rule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabertooth Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:19 am

I've heard of some people on monsterfishkeepers.com going on a trip there as a group and I believe your looking at somewhere around $4000-$6000 for a weeks stay.

Sabertooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Johnson Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:56 am

This past years trip was $1608.00 for the plane ride/rtn. The cheapest since I have been going to Malawi.
The Safaris cost's were $1820.00, includes everything except drinks.
The Safaris worked out to $140.00 USD per day.
The Safaris is 2 weeks and you would need a few extra days for travel.
Ad is running the trip for 2013 (finally I get a rest!) and can be contacted at info@cichlidpress.com
If you snooze you looze, trip is almost full for the Malawi part, Tang part is full.

Cheers,Larry
Larry Johnson
Larry Johnson

http://www.malawicichlidimports.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Johnson Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:57 am

For those wanting wild fish, sorry, its pretty hard to get them from Canada to the U.S. Homeland Security and all + a $200 wildlife fee and all the red tape that goes with it.
I may have a lead for you, the people wanting wild fish, as I am in contact with a Florida fish farmer, working out some details for him.
When I have more information I will post it here.

Cheers,Larry
Larry Johnson
Larry Johnson

http://www.malawicichlidimports.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down