Rift Lake Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seachem Nitrate Remover

3 posters

Go down

Seachem Nitrate Remover Empty Seachem Nitrate Remover

Post by Spwoerful Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:53 pm

Its me again.... the new guy clogging up the posts!!!

Has anyone heard of or used Seachem Nitrate Remover?? On paper, it seems to be a wonder product. It claims to remove ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Then when it is used up, it simply stops removing nitrate, but continues to act as a biological filter. Seems like it could help really keep things inline between water changes, and almost make the aquarium self sustaining. I know nothing replaces water changes, but just seems like a great product that could help sustain perfect water parameters.

Just an idea... thought id throw it out there, see what anyone has thought about it... if at all.

Spwoerful

Back to top Go down

Seachem Nitrate Remover Empty Re: Seachem Nitrate Remover

Post by Aura Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:25 pm

I try to keep what I use to a minimum. I've gotten into the habit of changing water every week and maintaining the filters monthly, and I haven't had any water quality issues. The only thing I use is dechlorinator.

I'm sure these products have their uses, but I like to keep it simple. With 11 tanks running, simple is best for me. Smile
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by poolmako Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:46 pm

i have used a few types of resins in the past and found that if you use the ones that can be recharged that way you get the most for your money, look into fluidized sand filters if you want a good way to keep your water quality in good parameters.
poolmako
poolmako

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down