Rift Lake Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P Polystigma

4 posters

Go down

R.I.P Polystigma  Empty R.I.P Polystigma

Post by Jason Dolting Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:11 pm

Came home from work last night and noticed my Polystigma missing. I turned just about everything upside down in the tank and found him dead in the hollow section of a replica mangrove.
I have since blocked off the hollow section but I am unsure how he died as he was missing eyes and his body looked like it had been picked at wich suggests either he died, was picked at and floated to the top of the tank and sank into the mangrove or he entered it on his own accord and got stuck and other smaller fish entered the mangrove and picked at him. The strange thing is I have never seen a fish enter the mangrove before. The Poly showed good health too prior to finding him. scratch
Jason Dolting
Jason Dolting

Back to top Go down

R.I.P Polystigma  Empty Re: R.I.P Polystigma

Post by Aura Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:59 am

Sorry to hear that Jason. It sucks to lose one, especially when you don't know what happened.

I had one of those hollowed-out resin root things that a fish was inside when I removed it during a tank cleaning/rearranging. I had checked it, but not well enough and the poor thing died. I don't use that decoration any more. There were too many little hiding spots to check thoroughly.
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Dolting Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:55 am

Yeah I'm not happy. Its a crappy feeling when you find a dead fish in the tank and especially when it's one of my favourites. It was just starting to get some size too. I am keeping the resin mangrove root, it only has one opening and i have stuffed it with polystyrene.
Jason Dolting
Jason Dolting

Back to top Go down

Post by Rift_Lakes_Rule Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:05 am

Sorry to hear that Jason, hopefully you can find a nice replacement.
Rift_Lakes_Rule
Rift_Lakes_Rule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nitroloser Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:30 pm

that sux they are 1 of my favs i lost mine about 3 mnths ago,hope you find a fine replacement
nitroloser
nitroloser

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Dolting Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:14 pm

I will be able to get a replacement easy enough. There are two stores that stock them that I know of but the funny thing is one store sells them over double the price. That is not the first time i have seen such a price mark up. I really don't understand the pricing system or lack of one in this corner of the world. That old saying shop around comes to mind.
Jason Dolting
Jason Dolting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum