Rift Lake Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Julies vs Calvus

+4
Rift_Lakes_Rule
Rockfish
football mom
cancichfan
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Julies vs Calvus - Page 2 Empty Re: Julies vs Calvus

Post by Aura Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Those babies will be very, very small! Shocked You'll have to look carefully and still might miss them. After having nothing but Malawi mouthbrooders, I was shocked at how tiny the Julie fry were!

It does sound like they might be pairing up -- good luck.
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Julies vs Calvus - Page 2 Empty Re: Julies vs Calvus

Post by cancichfan Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:10 pm

I don't really think that there is too much happening yet anyway. Although they are still snuggling up this morning, they aren't really chasing away the other 3 too much. The one big one (half of the "pair") has always been a bit of a jerk and sort of picks on the others but its not constant. I am assuming that if something really starts to happen, they will be constantly chasing the others around.

Anybody know if the females are bigger or smaller than the males? The little one is the one that dug the cave and does the little shimmy dance on the sand when the big one comes by. But the big one is the more aggressive. Could just be an older fish which would explain the size difference but coming from the LFS, I figured they were likely all the same brood.

I'll keep you posted.

cancichfan
I had a traumatic guppy experience once...

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2