Rift Lake Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is what I did in Malawi this past "season"

+5
fishluvr12
Aura
theswede
preacherboy
Larry Johnson
9 posters

Go down

This is what I did in Malawi this past "season" Empty This is what I did in Malawi this past "season"

Post by Larry Johnson Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:15 pm

Ok, this link has been around since November but I thought it was worth posting, as I get a lot of questions about what I do or what I did in Malawi.
And also because its an nice update on the Stuart M Grant Conservation program.
The whole story is there and you can click on the Home button to begin at the start, there is another video in these updates and information as well.

http://www.cichlidpress.com/smgfund/smgfund16.html

Cheers,Larry
Larry Johnson
Larry Johnson

http://www.malawicichlidimports.ca/

Back to top Go down

This is what I did in Malawi this past "season" Empty Re: This is what I did in Malawi this past "season"

Post by preacherboy Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:22 pm

Thanks Larry for your conservation efforts to keep Lake Malawi full of the fish that live there for many more years to come!

We appreciate it!
preacherboy
preacherboy
Competition Committee

Back to top Go down

This is what I did in Malawi this past "season" Empty Re: This is what I did in Malawi this past "season"

Post by theswede Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:00 pm

Nice work Larry thumbs up.
theswede
theswede

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Was it all work and no play this trip? And will you be going back to install more of the devices next year?
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fishluvr12 Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:51 pm

great work!!Thanks for sharing !
fishluvr12
fishluvr12

Back to top Go down

Post by Drake-tripod Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:51 pm

you area saint im glade to know some one that has done what you have dont thanks Very Happy
Drake-tripod
Drake-tripod
BOB SAGET!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmymac Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:52 pm

N.E.C. 30 days.
jimmymac
jimmymac

Back to top Go down

Post by moka Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:09 am

great info, keep up the good work!

moka

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry Johnson Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:08 am

Thanks Gang!
Well, besides doing some work over there I did have a good time diving,,,my ears/hearing is still not back to the way it was before leaving on this trip!
What Question ... lol!

Cheers,Larry
Larry Johnson
Larry Johnson

http://www.malawicichlidimports.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by iceblue Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:12 pm

I hope your ear problems clear up soon.

When I was a young teenager I worked as a dishwasher for minimum wage ($1.45 an hour) and paid for my own scuba lessons, custom fit 1/4" neoprene wetsuit with cold-water hood and booties, tank and regulator and all the rest of the goodies (tri-view masks were very popular then.) Any money I saved after that went towards dive trips to the California Channel Islands. It was a passion that was finally thwarted by constant ear problems and eventually I had to give it up. Even a trip up the mountains causes me problems to this day. Evil or Very Mad

I watched your video but the sound on my computer doesn't work. I do have a few questions if you don't mind and I apologise if they were covered in the video.
How often are the net traps maintained?
Is there a problem with fish being caught in the nets that are left in the lake and are the fisherman still using the fine mosquito netting that was initially provided to protect them from mosquitoes when they sleep?
iceblue
iceblue

http://primehandyman.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down