Rift Lake Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advise on tank based around Petricola's

2 posters

Go down

Advise on tank based around Petricola's Empty Advise on tank based around Petricola's

Post by RedOne Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:09 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking to start a 20-30 gallon tank. I want a group of Synodontis Petricola and while reading on them I thought why not make the rest of the tank based on there native place Lake Tanginyika. Now I have experience with tropical fish and my father has had reef setups for over 12 years, in fact he started with cichlids as one of his first tanks! So I'm not completely new to the hobby but new to these particular type of fish

Anyway back to the point, what kind of fish can I have in that size tank and with those catfish?

Thanks!

RedOne

Back to top Go down

Advise on tank based around Petricola's Empty Re: Advise on tank based around Petricola's

Post by theswede Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:50 pm

There´s only a few tanganyika species that would work in a small tank like that. In a 30 gallon you could go for shell dwellers and Julidochromis. I had succes with a group of Julidochromis ornatus in a tank about that size, but if possible I would suggest that you go for a slightly bigger tank like a 55 gallon. I think the Synodontis petricola would work better for you in a tank that size as well.

theswede
theswede

Back to top Go down