Rift Lake Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello again...again

4 posters

Go down

Hello again...again Empty Hello again...again

Post by cancichfan Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Hello all. It's been far too long since I was on here. So, what's new?
Work and school has finally slowed down enough that I'm keen to get my 30 gal back up and running. I've come to terms with my Juli disaster of two years ago and it's time to start again. So today I've been perusing the sites looking for inspiration for fish and tank setups. I know my options are really limited with this little footprint. I'm thinking a pair of comps or calvus maybe.

So, first thing is I need some advice on a good fish supplier that will send to Canada (or is in Canada would be even better). You'll be surprised when I say this but my LFS is not the best place to buy fish. Any suggestions?

My malawi tank is still going strong, look exactly the same as it did two years ago. Had a few losses and a few tank born survivors so its' pretty much static right now. I should up the pop a bit but it's running well so I'm leaving well enough alone.
Thanks
Graham

cancichfan
I had a traumatic guppy experience once...

Back to top Go down

Hello again...again Empty Re: Hello again...again

Post by theswede Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:38 pm

Glad to see back Graham Very Happy ! I think Klaus is the one to ask about a fish supplier near you or maybe Larry Johnsson.
theswede
theswede

Back to top Go down

Post by football mom Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:23 pm

I have a mature, successfully spawning pair of A. comps in a 15 long tank. They never
venture far from their spawning cave, so a 20 long should be plenty big for them.
Of course a busy tank full of shell-dwellers would probably have more action... the comps only move when they get fed, otherwise they are pretty boring.

football mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:53 pm

Hi Graham. Welcome back ... again. Smile
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cancichfan Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:01 am

So is there any reason I can't do both? I'm assuming comps would stick to the rocks and shellies would stick to the bottom? A few of each? Or a butt load of guppies....

cancichfan
I had a traumatic guppy experience once...

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:55 pm

I don't really know about keeping those two species together. They shellies might be at risk if you wanted to raise fry?

I have no experience with this seller so can't recommend them, but the site says they can ship to Canada. You can check it out and do a little research if you see anything interesting. http://www.littleafricaaquatics.com/
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum