Rift Lake Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shrimp

3 posters

Go down

Shrimp Empty Shrimp

Post by Aura Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:13 pm

I bought a few albino bristlenose at our club auction two months ago in hopes of getting a few females for my male and in the container with the plecos were a few tiny hitchhikers, some type of shrimp. A couple of them survived and have been growing. Well a couple of days ago I discovered several more tiny ones swimming around all over the tank. I'm not sure what they are and have no idea how to take care of them. My water change yesterday was extremely difficult. I tried not to suck them out, but they kept getting in the way, so I siphoned into a bucket and I saved them.

I think they might be cherry shrimp. Now I have to research how to feed and take care of them. Rolling Eyes

I tried to get pictures, but they are so small that it's impossible for me!

Also, at this month's auction, I picked up some frogbit to put in the pleco growout tank and found a tiny fry of some sort. It's so small it can barely handle baby brine shrimp.
And my plecos have almost completely devoured the frogbit. Evil or Very Mad
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shrimp Empty Re: Shrimp

Post by Aura Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:36 pm

Shrimp and bristlenose like avocado. It made a huge mess though, so they won't be getting any more. The tank looked like a snowglobe. I'm surprised at how bold and unafraid the shrimp are. They get right in with the plecos to eat and they are not afraid of me either.

Shrimp F576459e

Shrimp 0cc44508

Shrimp 383aa66f
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theswede Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 pm

Great looking bristlenose! If i could find something like this here i would probably be more into catfish. Never seen cool ones like these up here in my hometown.
theswede
theswede

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:50 pm

That's too bad. I love these bristlenose for keeping algae under control in a lot of my tanks. These are little ones that I'm hoping to get a pair from. It looks like there are males and females, so I think there's a decent chance.
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:49 pm

These shrimp have become quite the pain in the neck for me. They reproduce like crazy! albino They make it impossible to clean without sucking up babies which are extremely small and everywhere!

Shrimp A7b32e0c
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by football mom Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:02 pm

I'd like some more of them. A friend have me a few but they have not reproduced like that!

football mom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down