Rift Lake Cichlids
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member pics.

5 posters

Go down

New member pics. Empty New member pics.

Post by Norm66 Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:49 am

I just joined and thought it would be a good idea to share a few pics. I hope to locate my wife's digicam soon (we just remodeled and are still looking for a few things) because my iPhone isn't great at tank pics.

I'll be moving the brichardi out to a new 20 gallon soon, but here's what I have now in my 29:

Here's a whole tank shot. I've since upgraded to a Marineland double bright LCD light so it's a little better lit now. The tank was still a bit cloudy from re-scaping it.
New member pics. Tang%20tank

Here's a shot of the calvus that I now believe to be a compressiceps. Can anyone confirm? I've tried and thus far failed to get a better close-up of him.
New member pics. Iphone%20pics%20010%20%282%29

Here's one of the little transcriptus. The store had them listed as marlieri but my understanding is the lack of a stripe below the eye is the giveaway.
New member pics. Iphone%20pics%20013

Here are some of the 4 neolamprologus brichardi that I lovingly refer to as the death Squad. I'm really looking forward to their spawning behaviors and raising a colony in the new 20 gallon.
New member pics. Iphone%20pics%20007%20%283%29

Here's a shot of the 7 or 8 year old marlieri that came in a batch of 6 transcriptus I ordered back then. My luck with getting what I think I'm getting has been really bad.

New member pics. Iphone%20pics%20017

Norm66

http://Maliceband.com

Back to top Go down

New member pics. Empty Re: New member pics.

Post by Rift_Lakes_Rule Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:22 pm

Those pics actually look great for iPhone shots!!! You've got some real beauties there Wink

From that pic I would guess that to be a comp but... I've been wrong before. Only once but I do remember it lol! just kidding, but the steep jaw line looks like a comp to me.
Rift_Lakes_Rule
Rift_Lakes_Rule
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:45 pm

Nice. I like the death squad. Smile
Aura
Aura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norm66 Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:25 am

Thanks.

Here's another pic of the calvus/comp. It's blurry, but at least it's a decent profile.

New member pics. Iphone%20pics%20001

and one more...
New member pics. Iphone%20pics%20014

I'm almost ready to 100% say this is a compressiceps now. The stripes are more pronounced than the spots and the upturned snout are the two deciders for me. Any chance it could be a hybrid? I'd hate for that to be the case.

Norm66

http://Maliceband.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shellies215 Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:38 am

From the profile of the face, it's a compressiceps. Judging by the color and pattern, it looks like a gold head from muzi, but you can never pin a location 100% from a pic

shellies215

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Turtleman Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:34 am

I'd fairly positive it's a comp. Kinda look like my Yellow Kasanga when they're really colored up...
Super Turtleman
Super Turtleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down