Chemi-Pure

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chemi-Pure

Post by rkraposa on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:20 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on this product? Everything I have read has positive reviews. Put one in the tank on Sunday....but my water is still cloudy. My research says that the water should be clear by now. Water quality is fine.
rkraposa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chemi-Pure

Post by vman on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:40 am

Greatest thing since bottled milk . I've been using it since 1979 with NO tanks going down due to impurities . Crystal clear water within 30 mins . if you have the right amount which is 1 unit per 40 gal. It will not keep up with the tank being clowdy due to overfeeding .
vman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rkraposa on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:57 am

Hmmmm....I do not believe I have overfeeding issues. I mean, these five guys are wiping out the food I put in it seems in a matter of seconds! My ammonia has been a consitent zero for a week now as well which I think has some indication that I am not overfeeding. I read on the can that the product came in that you may need something called "filter floss" (never heard of that). I am wondering if the water is not flowing properly through the bag. I use an Aquaclear HOB. Larger than what is called for too for overfillering purposes. I do have the correct size chemipure. I installed the chemipure after doing a very small water change. I also changed my lighting that day as well. I originally had the flourescent bulb that it came with, then I switched to a 50/50 blue light for about a week but really didn't like it, so I switched back.
rkraposa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iceblue on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:47 pm

My tanks have always had just mechanical and biological filtering. "Filter floss" was cleaned weekly sometimes twice to help keep the water clear. It's a fine filter material.
iceblue

View user profile http://primehandyman.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by ovyaker75 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:47 am

I had the same problem when I started my tank, it didnt happen until the 2nd or 3rd week, I thought it was just the substrate after I did my water changes, but i think it has something to do w/nitrates or nitrites, try using ALGONE, i googled the problem that I was having and found out it was part of the cycling.
Ray

ovyaker75

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:26 am

I think it's part of the cycling too. Did you ever check for the nitrates? You should have some if your tank is cycled. Again, I think it was very strange that you never saw any nitrites.
Aura
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by finnyas on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:17 am

Chemi-pure is an excellent product to help maintain water quality, another product that is really good is POLY-FILTER. combined they are a knockout punch for nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, and phosphates ans well as other heavy metals in our aquariums

highly reccommended
finnyas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by football mom on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:57 am

I like Purigen also. That can be recharged and used over several times.

football mom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rkraposa on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:32 pm

Been a while since I posted this thread but I'm looking for a bit of info if anyone has it. When I first put the bag in, I rinsed it and, of course, there was a lot of black that came from it. Today, I did some cleaning of the filter and I notice that there is still black.....dust (???) coming from it. Did I do something wrong?
rkraposa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by finnyas on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:35 pm

No, there is alot of carbon dust with this product. It has been my experience that it doesnt hurt the fish.
finnyas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top